So my vacation started last Friday. The week prior I had been thinking of fun and exciting things to do with Braxton and Lanesia. As I sat and thought about it, it really didn't matter where we went or what we did because whenever the 3 of us are together, we always manage to have some laughs and giggles, which brings me to the topic of today. I was awaken by my sweet 19 month old daughter saying "Mama ...mommy"? Then shortly after, my handsome little guy walks downstairs to greet me with.."Goodmorning mom, I didn't have a bad dream"! Yes! This is going to be a great day!!
It's 9:05a.m. and we arrive at the Roger Williams Park Zoo and to my surprise the parking lot is fairly empty. We make our way through the zoo in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I call my sister to see what she is doing for the day and she tells me to meet her at the Palmer Playground, so off we go! Braxton, Lanesia, Alexa and Nolan are now running around, zipping down the slides and even sneak in a game of hide and seak. While my sister and I chat on the bench we realize it's lunch time. Now my sister is 7 months pregnant so there is no chance of even forgetting about lunch time :) We come up with the great idea we should just go out to lunch, it's way too hot to cook anything... Friendly's, here we come!
Now, if you have children you know when kids are hungry, they want to eat like yesterday! I SPY is a great game for keeping kids busy so we played that while waiting for lunch to arrive on the table. It took about an hour before we got them their hotdogs, grilled cheese, mac-n-cheese and apples. So the day was going great so far why not stick together and do something else. Let's go on a scavenger hunt!! We ended up choosing Buttonwoods Bike Path for our destination and boy did we have a great time. We found some pine cones, acorns, rocks, sticks, sand Oh...stopping at the beach playground was a huge hit! Ok, so we had about 2 more miles to go before our scavenger hunt would come to an end. Seeing the looks on all of their faces realizing that most of what was on their "lists" was in their bags was priceless.
So I don't actually remember how many miles we all actually walked well, except for Lanesia, but towards the end I did hear a few "my legs hurt"! "I'm sweating"! "Can you carry me"? We knew if there wasn't a plan for what we were doing next, my sister and I would be in some serious trouble! Without a plan we were going to witness some serious meltdowns or maybe they would just fall asleep on the ride home. As I looked in my rear view mirror the whole way home I witnessed some heavy eyes but no one actually fell asleep :( I heard a little wine from the backseat as I pulled into the driveway and so I shout "Who wants to wash mommy's car"? Washing the car is always fun right?? Not when you have 4 toddlers and they all want to use the hose :/ Well it's about 5:30p.m the kids are tired and hungry...again but hey I'm happy because my kids are tired (which means bed early) and I have a clean car :) While deciding on what to give the kids for dinner my sister says "Let's go swimming"! Mimi doesn't have a pool in her backyard so this can only mean one thing...YUP! We are going to McDermmott Pool.
I haven't been there in years so I am extremely excited to be taking the kiddos there. We arrive 10 minutes before public swim so the kids have a chance to look around and scope out the pool area. My son is so nervous at the size of the pool (he can't swim) and he is just pacing back and forth while my 19 month old daughter makes a mad dash for the deep end. I guess you could say she is a dare devil, I mean this little diva has no fear whatsoever! We spend an hour swimming from one end of the pool to the other, learning the doggy paddle, showing off the we CAN reach the bottom and then there were some that just sat on the waters edge. All in all, we all had a fantastic time, a quiet and relaxing ride home and an incredible day <3
No comments:
Post a Comment